and Information Technology Synergies Award
All Nominations must be submitted by
Monday, October 15th, 2012.
The recipient of the Excellence in Clinical Engineering and Information Technology Synergies Award is selected jointly by the Boards of Directors of the American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE) and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). The award will be presented to an individual who, in the opinion of the joint Boards of Directors, has best demonstrated leadership in promoting or implementing significant synergies between the clinical engineering and information technology professions. These contributions may be of a professional or technical nature, and may include research or development of a new process or product, a paper of significance, or ‘trailblazing’ work in a new application of clinical engineering and information technology. The award may be made to an individual from the clinical engineering or information technology professions or may be shared between two individuals from these professions who have cooperated in their efforts.
General Eligibility Criteria:
1. Is a member in good standing of ACCE and HIMSS
2. Has participated in either professional or organizational activities as a member of ACCE or as a member of HIMSS
3. Has demonstrated leadership in promoting or implementing significant synergies between the clinical engineering and information technology professions
4. Has advanced the professional standards embraced by ACCE and HIMSS
5. Is currently not serving on the Board of Directors for ACCE or HIMSS
In addition to the completed nomination form, the following items must be supplied for each candidate:
- A current resume or biographical profile
- A letter of recommendation in support of the candidate’s nomination for the award
- A description of how the applicant meets the following award criteria:
- Has demonstrated innovative and effective synergies in the application of clinical engineering and information management systems technologies in support of the strategic initiatives of his/her organization
- Has advanced the professional standards embraced by ACCE and HIMSS
If you are new to the nomination process, CLICK HERE to sign up for a username and password.
If you already have a username and password with this system, CLICK HERE to proceed to the Nomination form.
CLICK HERE to learn more about this award.
CLICK HERE for additional information.